Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Only You - Morning Musume

For those of you paying attention, this makes the 46th single of supergroup Morning Musume. I'll put the video first and my comments second.



First, I'm in love with the visuals, the white dresses (or shorts and shirts in some of the cases) and crystal theme is really pretty. The background, while fairly simple reminds me a bit of the Kimagure Princess setting, which is a good thing for me. The song itself is simply perfection for me, it's proving that even with the younger girls in the group it can still have a more mature song. I loved Aika's hair, reverting back to Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game.

The negatives: Poor Kanon's hair! Seriously that was not a good look for her all pulled back as it was.

Tsunku, still milking Tanakahashi's vocal duo but at least Gaki is getting plenty of screen time and vocal time (even if they autotuned it but I think it fit nicely into the song so I'm not complaining. And being the next leader it's good to get her out in the front more.)

Really? Riho? She's as cute as a button but why give her all of the lines out of the kyukkies? Maybe this is just my favoritism to Kanon but where were the rest of the kyukkies? Or Aika for that matter? Anyone seen Sayumi? Beuller? Beuller? I think it's great that Tsunku is giving one of the kyukkies a chance to shine, but let them all show off. Here's to hoping that the rest of the girls will get a chance to show off when Tanakahashi is seperated.

Now I know I've talked down on Tanakahashi a lot but I still adore them my hope for the future is that they'll both graduate and form a sub-group of their own, because really, that would be a great duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment