Saturday, May 21, 2011

Introducing myself!

Welcome to my blog! I'm your friendly host, Zypher!

Since this is my first post I figured I'd introduce myself a little bit. I'm just a Midwest boy who followed his heart out to the big NYC to start fresh! I've been here for almost six months now and feel like I'm really starting to settle in fully.

Some of my hobbies involve Japanese Pop music, specifically groups from the Hello!Project banner. I'm also an avid fan of the Eurovision Song Contest. (Although I've only started officially watching since this year!) I enjoy video games and writing, although almost all of my writing involves roleplaying (and not the creepy kind that some adults enjoy but rather a form of cooperative story telling.)

More about my J-Pop indulgences, my favorite connection is Hello!Project (for those not in the know) is a record label of sorts that employees around 150 girls ranging in ages from around ten upwards in their thirties. The main group under this label is Morning Musume. which is affectionately referred to as "MoMusu" by the fans. This group takes an interesting approach to stay fresh by "graduating" members out and bringing in new faces. This keeps the songs interesting and fresh but sometimes can be heartbreaking when the girls decide to move on. In total over the years (MoMusu had been established in 1997 and is still going on right now) there have been over 25 girls but a few stand out in my heart, including Nozomi Tusji, Ai Kago, Mari Yaguchi, Aika Mitsui and Kanon Suzuki. (The latter two currently in the group.) Of course I'll spare you more detailed information on them for later posts as they are not me and I'm trying to introduce myself here!

As I said before, I live in NYC and it's been quite a change from my upbringing back in Madison, Wisconsin! The pace is different and I find myself surrounded by all walks of life, from models to bums wandering the trains asking for money. The biggest change is certainly the environment, from whitewash midwest to multi-cultural NYC, I've had to adjust a bit but now I feel right at home! I also have the support of a wonderful boyfriend to back me up.

So I'll leave this blog post here and maybe someone will come across and read which would be just awesome! In parting I'll leave one of my favorite videos from the super group MoMusu:

No comments:

Post a Comment